Lewis County Economic Development is the central office to provide business assistance and new business development in Lewis County, NY. Our office manages the operations of the County of Lewis Industrial Development Agency, the Lewis County Development Corporation, and is the economic development agency for the County of Lewis. We work regionally with our neighboring counties and with the North Country Regional Economic Development Council, North Country Alliance, Drum Country Business, Development Authority of the North Country, Small Business Development Center, and many other partner organizations.
Our mission is to attract and enhance industrial and economic development, help create jobs and maintain economic stability within Lewis County. We will work to promote and enhance the economic conditions, recreational opportunities, prevent unemployment and economic deterioration, and ensure the prosperity of our businesses, industries, communities, and citizens, leading to an overall better quality of life.
The County of Lewis Industrial Development Agency (LCIDA) was created by an act of the New York State Legislature in 1973, as a public benefit corporation of the State of New York, under Section 902-a of the General Municipal Law. The Industrial Development Agencies were created throughout New York and the nation to attract and enhance industrial and economic development, help create jobs and maintain economic stability within municipal or regional boundaries.
- Promoting Lewis County’s resources, industry clusters, and quality of life to grow existing businesses and attract new businesses
- Linking businesses with economic development organizations and stakeholders to customize financing and assistance packages
- Helping businesses streamline their project for successful funding and ultimate implementation
- Promote infrastructure development to support economic development activities
- Guide entrepreneurs and small business owners for loan assistance, grant applications and project readiness.