REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Economic Development
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Lewis County Economic Development/IDA seeks a highly skilled, self-motivated Economic Development Specialist who will be an integral part of the economic development team, focusing on making Lewis County a great place to live, work, build business & play. The position involves responsibility for assisting in the planning, initiation, implementation and administration of programs and strategy of the LCIDA and economic development in Lewis County. The Economic Development Specialist will work closely with the Executive Director, Director of Finance & Incentives and the LCIDA board by facilitating collaboration, identifying, developing and prioritizing projects, engaging in the marketing and communication of the Naturally Lewis brand and programs, and work with partner organizations to facilitate goals and priorities of Lewis County Economic Development.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES
Additional duties may be assigned & existing responsibilities may change as deemed appropriate.
Work as a key member of the economic development team to support team members and team goals in making Lewis County a great place to live, work, build business and play. Activities include, but are not limited to:
BUSINESS OUTREACH, MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS, PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Providing technical assistance in the development and implementation of creative marketing strategies to help grow the Naturally Lewis brand
- Creates marketing and communication plans for all business development efforts including incentive programs, loan program, site developments, news releases, business spotlights, programs and initiatives
- Assist in coordination of meetings, events, seminars and presentation materials
- Maintaining social media platforms, prepare communication materials, manage Naturally Lewis website
- Manage annual marketing budget
- Assist with coordination and implementation of Business Retention & Expansion program, entrepreneurial programs and any other business development initiatives
- Creates relationships with the business and entrepreneurial community of Lewis County to assess business needs to assist in the creation of programs and support services and to strengthen rapport, trust and communication
ADMINISTRATIVE AND ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
- General administrative support for all agency functions
- Maintain minutes for the board and committees
- Prepare packets for each board meeting and distribute one week before meetings
- Assists with the agency’s compliance through New York State and the Authorities Budget Office; including, but not limited to, filing, scanning, organizing and reporting
- Compiles and keeps a variety of reports and records
- Assists in the research, preparation and writing of grant applications for federal and state programs relating to economic and industrial development
- Monitors grants awarded to the agency, or a client, to assure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Assists in the development of financial packages
- Conducts research into business and economic conditions of the County and the municipal subdivisions thereof
- Maintains a positive working relationship with a variety of economic and workforce development services providers remaining knowledgeable of their services, in order to provide connections to the business community
- Works closely with the Chamber of Commerce to promote cohesive business outreach initiatives
- Support the Executive Director with all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
To perform this job, an individual must be able to ensure agency performance of all duties outlined, as well as any other activities required to ensure Lewis County Economic Development is sustainable. The requirements below represent the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Planning, Engineering or Public Administration, or, an equivalent combination of education, training or experience as defined above
- Must be an excellent team player, must maintain effective working relationships, have flexibility, and must have a desire to be a leader within Lewis County
- Strong communication skills and comfortable speaking and addressing groups
- Computer proficiency is required
- Confidentiality is required.
- Attendance may be required for training, education, or seminars.
- Frequent travel is required.
- Attendance of meetings and functions outside of normal business hours
Salary based upon experience and a standard benefits package offered.
County of Lewis Industrial Development Agency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All job applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected class as required by law.