Naturally Lewis Awards $13,897 to 15 Lewis County Businesses & Organizations Through Small Things Big Impacts Fund
Lewis County, NY – Naturally Lewis is excited to announce the recipients of the Small Things, Big Impacts Fund, a opportunity designed to support small projects that will have a big impact on our communities. This year, a total of $13,897 has been awarded to 15 businesses and organizations in Lewis County. The awarded projects are estimated to have an impact of over $40,000 for the local economy.
The Small Things, Big Impacts Fund aims to empower local businesses and organizations by providing grants of up to $1,000. The focus for the 2023 funding cycle was enhancing the visibility of our businesses and organizations, encompassing initiatives such as signage, branding, digital marketing, packaging, murals/artwork, and mobile visibility. The award recipients are as follows:
- Azahar Roast House (Lowville, NY) funding will assist with logo enhancement and promotional materials - $664.50
- Coughlin Printing (Lowville, NY) funding will assist with a trade show display - $1,000
- Foothills Market, LLC (Lowville, NY) funding will assist with vehicle signage, exterior signage and interior shelving - $1,000
- Grand Slam Safety (Croghan, NY) funding will assist with vehicle and trailer signage - $1,000
- Greet on Repeat, LLC (Brantingham, NY) funding will assist with website upgrades and search engine optimization - $1,000
- Osceola Tug Hill XC Ski Center (Osceola, NY) funding will assist with exterior signage, vehicle signage and promotional materials - $1,000
- HumbleBee Farms (Lyons Falls, NY) funding will assist with in house product labeling system - $1,000
- International Maple Museum Centre (Croghan, NY) funding will assist with exterior signage - $1,000
- Judge's Quarters B&B (Lowville, NY) funding will assist with directional signage for new venue and promotional materials - $232.50
- Lowville Free Library (Lowville, NY) funding will assist with display shelving - $1,000
- Maple Ridge Center, Inc (Lowville, NY) funding will assist with logo design, marketing materials and website design - $1,000
- Open Sky Wellness, LLC (Lowville, NY) funding will assist with exterior signage and landscaping - $1,000
- Snyder's Sugar Shack LLC (Copenhagen, NY) funding will assist with exterior signage - $1,000
- Transitional Living Services of Northern New York (Lowville, NY) funding will assist with exterior signage - $1,000
- trishMichael, Author (Lowville, NY) funding will assist with branded materials for events - $1,000
Funds for this opportunity have been made available through Naturally Lewis’ Community Economic Development Program. This program was created through a Host Community Agreement in partnership with Number Three Wind. Through this agreement, Number Three Wind has committed approximately $150,000 per year - for the next 30 years - to be into Lewis County through new business development and impactful community projects. Program focuses are determined on an annual basis by the Community Economic Development Program Committee and will be available each year.
Applications for this program underwent an evaluation process by the Community Economic Development Program Committee, comprising six community leaders and one representative from the Lewis County Development Corporation board. The Lewis County Development Corporation Board has given authority to the Community Economic Development Program Committee to determine awards at the time of application review.
Naturally Lewis congratulates the recipients and looks forward to seeing the positive impacts these projects will have on our community. For more information about the Small Things, Big Impacts Fund under the Community Economic Development Program, and other Naturally Lewis initiatives, please visit https://naturallylewis.com/growing-opportunities/cedf, or follow Naturally Lewis on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn at @naturallylewis.